Hi CWG,

At our next NDSA CWG call on Wednesday, April 6 at 11 a.m. ET we will welcome Jules Bergis from UC Riverside and the Documenting the Now project and Sara Day Thompson from the DPC who recently published a report on preserving social media. To make the most of our short time with these presenters, please let us know by responding to this email or on the NDSA wiki if there are specific questions you have about the Documenting the Now project or the DPC report.

On the wiki you can also see notes/outcomes from our March meeting (via our calendar), also provided in this message below for convenience.

--Abbey Potter and Christie Moffatt, Content Working Group Co-Chairs

Christie Moffatt

History of Medicine Division

U.S. National Library of Medicine

CWG decisions/notes/action items 3/2/2016:

·         Thanks to Bethany Nowviskie and Oliver Bendorf for joining our call!

·         Noted that access to list of WG representatives and contact info from NDSA member organizations would be helpful for collaboration

·         Proposed NDSA Interest Group/Working Group framework document to be shared soon for discussion and feedback

·         April meeting to focus on collecting and archiving social media

·         Suggestions for other speakers in the future: NDSR residents; Knight Foundation news challenge https://www.newschallenge.org/; DPLA

(Recording of call is available via wiki page)

To unsubscribe from the NDSA-CONTENT list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/scripts/wa-CLIR.exe?SUBED1=NDSA-CONTENT&A=1