LCSH is only subject headings, not genres.  LCSH has been used in the past for fiction and non-fiction genres, but that is now technically incorrect.  Genres are now covered by LCGFT.  This is why I said you would have difficulty covering both non-fiction subjects and fiction genres with any translation from LCSH.  You will still find fiction genres coded as subject headings in prior decades, but going into the future you should expect those to disappear as they are cleaned up.

To get both subject headings and fiction genres, you will probably have to look at both LCSH and LCGFT.

					Steve McDonald