The Community/Capacity Awards<https://www.diglib.org/opportunities/community-capacity-award/> (DLF Comm/Caps, for short) are a new debt of gratitude from the DLF membership<https://www.diglib.org/members/>, selected annually by vote. We are pleased to announce the nominees for the 2016 DLF Comm/Cap Awards!

The nominees are: American Archive of Public Broadcasting; The American Yawp; Biodiversity Heritage Library; Digital Library of the Caribbean; Digital POWRR; Dorothea Salo and RADD; Explore Chicago Collections; IIIF Consortium and Community; The Islandora Consortium Group; Library as Incubator; Media Digitization and Preservation Initiative; Mid Michigan Digital Practitioners; Neil McElroy; Santi Thompson. Learn more about each one here: https://www.diglib.org/archives/11856/

These are not awards for pure innovation, individualism, or disruption. Instead, they honor constructive, community-minded capacity-building in digital libraries and allied fields: efforts that contribute to our ability to collaborate across institutional lines and/or work toward something larger, together. The Comm/Caps are about community spirit, generosity, openness, and care for fellow digital library, archives, and museum practitioners and for the various publics and missions we serve.

The 2016 DLF Comm/Cap Award will go to an inspiring project, team, or person selected by the Digital Library Federation membership at large (one org, one vote<https://www.diglib.org/members/>: we will send voting instructions soon to DLF's primary contact at each member organization; you decide locally how to make your pick!).

The 2016 DLF Comm/Cap Award winner (person or group) will receive a $1000 prize, one free Forum registration, and assistance toward travel expenses to make it possible for a representative to accept the award certificate in person at the 2016 DLF Forum<https://www.diglib.org/forums/2016forum/>, which will be held in Milwaukee, WI, November 7-9th.

Congratulations and thank you to all nominees!

--
Oliver Bendorf, program associate at the Digital Library Federation

find us online: diglib.org<http://www.diglib.org/> | follow us on Twitter: @CLIRDLF<https://twitter.com/clirdlf>

1707 L Street NW, Suite 650 | Washington, DC, 20036