The Community/Capacity Awards (DLF Comm/Caps, for short) are a new debt of gratitude from the DLF membership<https://www.diglib.org/members/>, selected annually by vote. Each DLF member organization gets one vote; you decide locally how to make your pick! Voting ends today, Monday, June 27, 2016, at 11:59PM ET. We have sent voting information to each DLF member organization’s primary contact and we encourage you to coordinate locally to make sure your organization’s vote counts!

Not sure who your primary DLF contact is? Send us an email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, and we’ll let you know!

First announced at the Community and Capacity<https://www.diglib.org/archives/9891/> panel of the 2015 DLF Forum, these are not awards for pure innovation, individualism, or disruption. Instead, they honor constructive, community-minded capacity-building in digital libraries and allied fields: efforts that contribute to our ability to collaborate across institutional lines and/or work toward something larger, together. The Comm/Caps are about community spirit, generosity, openness, and care for fellow digital library, archives, and museum practitioners and for the various publics and missions we serve.

Your 2016 DLF Comm/Cap nominees are: American Archive of Public Broadcasting; The American Yawp; Biodiversity Heritage Library; Digital Library of the Caribbean; Digital POWRR; Dorothea Salo and RADD; Explore Chicago Collections; IIIF Consortium and Community; The Islandora Consortium Group; Library as Incubator; Media Digitization and Preservation Initiative; Mid Michigan Digital Practitioners; Museum Hue; Neil McElroy; ProjectARCC; Santi Thompson. Learn more about their community- and capacity-building work here: https://www.diglib.org/archives/11856/.

The 2016 DLF Comm/Cap Award winner (person or group) will receive a $1000 prize, one free Forum registration, and assistance toward travel expenses to make it possible for a representative to accept the award certificate in person at the 2016 DLF Forum<https://www.diglib.org/forums/2016forum/>, which will be held in Milwaukee, WI, November 7-9th.

Thank you for taking a few minutes to help us award this new debt of gratitude, by and for the community!
--
Oliver Bendorf | [log in to unmask]
Program Associate @ the Digital Library Federation