There's some super useful data in the MARC fixed fields too -- more useful
than the semi-transcribed values in 260c, although it's also a pain to
access/transform to something reasonably machine actionable.

Here's the code from traject that tries to get a reasonable date out of
marc fixed fields, falling back to 260c if it needs to.
https://github.com/traject/traject/blob/e98fe35f504a2a519412cd28fdd97dc514b603c6/lib/traject/macros/marc21_semantics.rb#L299-L379

There are already quite a few places in MARC for dates. It's just they're
all weird. You're making up yet a new kind of date to your own local
meaning and specs. I doubt there's an existing MARC field you can put it in
where it won't just add to the confusion. (obligatory reference to
https://xkcd.com/927/).

I'd just put it in a 9xx or xx9 field of your choosing, they are reserved
for local use.