From: "Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CLIR Issues, July-August 2016
Date: August 25, 2016 at 9:41:40 AM EDT
To: [log in to unmask]

CLIR
Number 112, July-Aug. 2016
ISSUE SUMMARY
This mailing provides a content summary, with links to individual stories. You can view the full newsletter by clicking here. If you know someone who may be interested in receiving CLIR Issues regularly, please pass this along. Individuals can subscribe by clicking here.
Technology in Liberal Education: Identifying Needs and Opportunities
In the changing landscape of higher education, what are the current needs related to information technology and liberal education? A new CLIR white paper draws some conclusions from the experience of the National Institute for Technology in Liberal Education (NITLE).
Programs Available for DLF Forum, Liberal Arts Preconference,
and DigiPres 2016
Join us in Milwaukee this November for one—or all—of these outstanding programs! Register now... spaces are going fast.
Report Examines Federal Public Access Plans and Their Implications for the Cultural Heritage Community
New U.S. government requirements for exposing and managing federally funded research data have created opportunitites for cultural heritage institutions to both build upon and contribute to the infrastructure federal agencies are developing.
Meet our Visual Studies Fellows
Find out what five CLIR/DLF Data Curation Fellows in Visual Studies have been doing since starting their fellowships a year ago.
CLIR and DLF Sign Library Digital Privacy Pledge
We've joined a growing group of organizations that are improving privacy for library users by implementing secure (HTTPS) protocols on our web services. Will you sign the Library Digital Privacy Pledge?
Welcome New Staff!
Meet the new CLIR staff: DLF program associates Katherine S. Kim and Rebecca Quon, and IIIF coordination officer Sheila Rabun.
Apply Now: Mellon Fellowships for Dissertation Research, Rovelstad Scholarship
Mellon Fellowships for Dissertation Research in Original Sources support dissertation research in the humanities or related social sciences in original sources. Application deadline is December 2, 2016.
Rovelstad Scholarship in International Librarianship 2017 provides funding for a student of library and information science to attend IFLA. Application deadline is January 27, 2017.
Council on Library and Information Resources
1707 L Street, Ste 650
Washington, DC 20036, USA

Phone: 202.939.4750
www.clir.org