Hi all,

If you’re attending the DLF Forum in Milwaukee next week, you have a number of chances to meet with the Digital Library Pedagogy Group. Please join us at any and all of the following:

Monday, November 7

1:30pm - 3:30pm: #m3e: Digital Library Pedagogy Incubator: A Workshop to Design Instruction with Digital Collections (http://sched.co/8LGH)

This workshop will engage participants in overarching themes of digital library pedagogy as we work together to create lesson plans targeting key digital library competencies. In small groups, and using an iterative development process, participants will design, share, and assess assignments they can adopt or adapt at their home institutions.

Tuesday, November 8

12:00pm - 1:30pm: #t4a: Lunchtime Session: What’s on the Digital Library Pedagogy Menu? A Working Lunch (http://sched.co/8LGl)

The DLF Digital Library Pedagogy Group lunch will feature table-based discussions among attendees and facilitators representing current subgroups — Teaching & Pedagogy, Resource Sharing & Professional Skills Development, and Outreach — with the goal of continuing to build a community of practice around teaching with and about digital collections.

5:30pm - 6:30pm: Happy Hour! (http://sched.co/8YEk)

Hosted by DLF’s Digital Library Pedagogy group, dh+lib, and ACRL’s Digital Humanities Interest Group

42 Lounge, 326 E Mason St

all are welcome, no registration required

Wednesday, November 9

11:00am - 11:40am: Plenary: "Open Invitations:" closing DLF Forum community session (http://sched.co/8LHF)

"Open Invitations"

You might think of the whole DLF Forum as an open invitation. Invitations to lend your expertise, learn in community, and get involved come from our various, year-round working groups; from teams that present their work at the Forum; from our member institutions and affilated organizations seeking partnerships; and from the grassroots community efforts that spring up within and around the Digital Library Federation. Our closing panelists will make some of those invitations explicit -- and then invite the audience to issue more! How can you join an effort to advance the field? What does your group need to move forward? Come ready to listen, make connections, and make your pitch.

Thanks, and we’re looking forward to seeing you!

--

Elizabeth Kelly, C.A., D.A.S.

Digital Initiatives Librarian

Monroe Library 332

Loyola University, New Orleans

504.864.7047

http://orcid.org/0000-0002-7306-3331 (ORCID)

To unsubscribe from the DLF-ANNOUNCE list, click the following link:
http://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=DLF-ANNOUNCE&A=1