Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting! Thanks to a generous grant from the Wikimedia
Foundation (
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Simple/Applications/Art%2BFeminism/
2016-2017),
Art+Feminism (http://www.artandfeminism.org/) is looking for a Program
Coordinator to join the project. The part-time Program Coordinator will
play a key role in the development and success of the Art+Feminism project.
The Program Coordinator will manage communication and project pipelines
alongside the core organizing committee. The ideal candidate has strong
project management skills, a demonstrated history of work in social justice
and an interest in feminist work, a working knowledge of the Wikipedia
community or other online technology community, and a flexible schedule.
Fluency in a language other than English is preferred. This one-year
position is a 24hrs/week. Learn more:
http://www.artandfeminism.org/program-coordinator/.

We also want to invite you to organize Art+Feminism events for March 2017.
As
the lead co-organizers of Art+Feminism, we’ve been deeply disturbed by the
sheer amount of fake news (
https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/viral-fake-
election-news-outperformed-real-news-on-facebook)
on social media, and its influence on the recent US election. We believe
this makes our work as Wikipedians even more pressing. Now more than ever
we must gather together to improve Wikipedia and affirm the importance of
the arts and the work of women, people of color, immigrants, the LGBTQIA+
community and other marginalized peoples. This year, we strongly encourage
folks to focus on the work of historically marginalized groups, both in the
subjects you edit and the folks that make up your organizing committee. In
the immortal words of Florynce Kennedy: “Don’t agonize. Organize.” (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florynce_Kennedy).

The 2017 Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon at The Museum of Modern Art,
New York will take place on Saturday, March 11, 2017. You are welcome to
join us on this day or any other date in March, 2017 that makes sense for
your community. Please contact us at [log in to unmask] with any
questions!

Best,
Siân Evans + Jacqueline Mabey + Michael Mandiberg

--
Siân Evans, MA, MLS
Instruction Librarian, Decker Library

tel: 410-225-2715