I would add (as someone who has worked almost exclusively in remote teams,
for various organizations) that *all of this* is easier if you have
periodic face-to-face meetings, or at least synchronous video chats. It
changes how you read (and write) the reviews when you can hear the person
behind the words.

--
Andromeda Yelton
Vice President/President-Elect, Library & Information Technology