Hello,

I believe this is caused by some new blocking that LOC had to put in place
after coordinated DOS attacks this past summer. The following helpful
advice comes from the code4lib archive and is attributed to "Nate Trail" -
also a quick short term fix is to download the latest xslt you need from
loc and host it locally...
-Derek

For Security Reasons, the Library of Congress has begun filtering
(blocking) HTTP requests that do not express a userAgent  in the
header.

Regular human access with a standard browser is not affected by this,
because browsers attach a userAgent, telling the site the sort of
software being used to make the request.

However, some other services that do XML validation or access web
resources without using a browser may have problems accessing the
content.

We know this is an issue and have worked to solve it for the XML
standards we maintain, but there may be some stray files referenced by
other schemas that continue to get blocked if a system tries to access
that file without a userAgent.

There are two things to do if you have a problem with a blocked file:

1)	Report the issue to us directly at [log in to unmask]
<https://lists.clir.org/cgi-bin/wa?LOGON=A2%3DCODE4LIB%3Baad0eeb9.1607>
.
2)	Where possible,  update the application you are using, to include a
userAgent.

We thank you in advance for your help.