I have been playing with a few bots to make some of our internal tools easier to reach from Slack (but mainly a self-hosted Mattermost instance).  I am using the Botman package (https://botman.io) to code them with php.  Getting them done has been very simple.  Very handy to get notifications on problems and to do quick lookups of data through the bot and into the channel.

Now I’m looking to leverage natural language parsing (trying out first with this service https://api.ai). It definitely has a lot of potential for both internal and external users.

-- Noel

—
  Noel Díaz
  Instruction & Research Services Administrator
  Information Technology Department
  Purdue University Libraries
  E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
  Phone: 765-494-1787