FOLIO Community: Strategic goals for small & midsize institutions
Time: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 11:00AM EST / 1600 GMT
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=FOLIO+Forum&iso=20161116T16&p1=1440&ah=1>
Register Here
<https://olf.webex.com/olf/onstage/g.php?MTID=ecf14e03ac5dc76631f59fb2f2c7d583a>

FOLIO, as a community-driven effort, is made up of people, and is shaped by
the goals and strategic interests of those participants. More than
software, FOLIO is a shared and open space where the library community can
share our needs and wants, where we can discuss how and where libraries
innovate and help shape the direction of the systems we rely on. It is
within this space that software can be designed and held consistent to
those strategic services that libraries provide to, and wish to innovate
for, their communities.

It is important to understand that FOLIO is not the exclusive domain of
large research libraries and well-resourced consortia. As a
participant-driven community, FOLIO welcomes input from the wide and
diverse library community. This panel will explore FOLIO from the
perspective of three small to mid sized organizations. They will look at
resource management needs, their need to align more closely with the
broader academic institution, and the need for real innovation in library
technology. Each will discuss how FOLIO supports their strategic aims, and
provides avenues for engagement, impact, and leadership, no matter the size
of the institution.

There will be plenty of time for questions.

PRESENTERS

   - Tania Fersenheim – Content & Applications Manager, Fenway Libraries
   Online
   - Scott Anderson – Information Systems Librarian & Associate Professor,
   Millersville University
   - Doreen Herold – Manager, Library Technical Services, Lehigh University

Please use the hashtag #FOLIOforum on social media for these events.

The Open Library Community Forum is sponsored by OLE
<https://www.openlibraryenvironment.org/> (Open Library Environment) and is
governed by the OLE Code of Conduct
<https://www.openlibraryenvironment.org/?page_id=76>.

A recording of this Forum will be made available on the OLE
<https://www.openlibraryenvironment.org/> website.

--
Doreen Herold
Manager, Library Technical Services
Lehigh University
Library & Technology Services
30 Library Drive - Bethlehem, PA - 18015
http://library.lehigh.edu
Library Technical Services Wiki <https://confluence.cc.lehigh.edu/x/SQAR>