Dear Colleagues,

Please excuse cross-posting and feel free to share this widely.

The deadline for SAA award nominations is fast approaching. We are hoping
for a substantial slate of nominees to reflect the substantial, critical
work in this area. Now more than ever we need to call attention to work
that celebrates and supports a diverse, pluralistic, and inclusive
profession and society.

Please nominate yourselves, your colleagues, or the leaders whose work you
admire for the SAA 2017
<http://www2.archivists.org/governance/handbook/section12-diversity>
Diversity Award
<http://www2.archivists.org/governance/handbook/section12-diversity>.

Eligible Nominees include any individual, group, or organization.
Nominators and nominees need not be SAA members, but to encourage SAA
member participation, preference may be given to SAA individual and/or
institutional members.

Nomination requirements: a brief form
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pcMWcok4c4KKQpbsOkYwI0J3sjKnmHGW8bXq9nWo0lE/edit>
and two letters of support submitted by Tuesday, February 28 to
[log in to unmask] with the subject line Diversity Award.

Sincerely,
Cecily Marcus

--
Cecily Marcus, Curator
Givens Collection of African American Literature

University of Minnesota Libraries
Archives and Special Collections
Elmer L. Andersen Library Suite 213
222-21st Ave. S.
Minneapolis MN 55455

Phone: 612 624-8812
FAX: 612 625-5525
http://umbrasearch.org/
https://twitter.com/UmbraSearch
http://umbrasearch.tumblr.com/
*Archie Givens, Sr. Collection of African American Literature
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Archie-Givens-Sr-Collection-of-African-American-Literature/133433913510966>*

http://www.lib.umn.edu/scrbm/givens
http://www.lib.umn.edu/scrbm/paa
http://www.lib.umn.edu/scrbm/literary