Hi everyone,

There are so many cool sessions<http://www.conservation-us.org/annual-meeting/annual-meeting-2017/program/build-your-schedule> at the annual meeting of the American Institute for Conservation. There are talks about preserving aircraft materials + microscope slides + mummies. A very diglib-relevant session entitled Digital Preservation Actions as Interventive Conservation Treatments<https://aics45thannualmeeting2017.sched.com/event/8xPJ/electronic-media-digital-preservation-actions-as-interventive-conservation-treatments-at-the-smithsonian>. A lecture on safely mount textiles on figures in “extreme action poses”. I mean, whaaat. Is this a professional conference or a theme park? Too much fun.

DLF and the Kress Foundation are offering a fellowship in support of AIC attendance to one member of our community. The award includes a travel stipend and free conference registration, as part of an exchange which also brought AIC members to the DLF Forum in November. The fellow will write a short post for the DLF blog upon their return.

Anyone affiliated with a DLF member institution<https://www.diglib.org/members/> may apply! Instructions are here<https://www.diglib.org/archives/12527/>, and the deadline is March 1.

Questions? Ideas for incorporating aircrafts + mummies into DLF? I’m only an email away.

Best,
Becca
---------

Becca Quon
Program Associate – The Digital Library Federation
1707 L Street Ste 650, Washington, D.C. 20036
diglib.org<http://diglib.org/> | clir.org<http://clir.org/>