My hope is that an outcome of the Fiscal Continuity Interest Group
(FCIG) will be an earlier proposal deadline for hosting, 1.5 to 2 years
in advance. If the conference is to remain this big and keep costs
relatively low, organizers need more than 10 or 11 months to sign a
contract for a venue.

So Roy and Columbus people, if you're interested in hosting in 2019, the
proposal deadline *might* be some months before the 2018 conference --
depending on how the FCIG work plays out and how the community responds.

Gary