From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frank Guerino
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2017 10:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Question About Library Managements Systems and Loading of Data/Artifacts

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.  This is exactly the type of info I¡¯m looking for.

Your answer describes two scenarios:

1. Starting From Paper: A process that A) turns the Paper Card Index into Digital List, B) requires enriching it via a Master Data Source like WorldCat, and C) loads the list into the library.
2. Starting from a Digital List: Which I assume still requires B and C, from above.

After initial upload, is that Digital List treated as an ongoing Source of Truth (SoT) that is continuously mastered outside the library and incrementally synched with the data loaded into the library?  Or, after initial upload, is that list discarded and the library, itself, is used to control master inventory (either through incremental manual entry or scanning)?  I¡¯m under the impression that it¡¯s the latter.

Thanks,

Frank
¡ª
Frank Guerino, Managing Partner