It would be nice.  Thankfully there are some software integration depending
on your repository.  Still, I sympathize given how much work it is to clear
copyright on these works, heck there are some things I have sitting on a
network folder for years because I just can't get a response from the
copyright holder.  I tend to avoid using CCC for clearing the rights though
as I find they are more there for re-use of scholarly works as opposed to
the archiving of them.