For those interested and available:

Shaping Humanities Data: Use, Reuse, and Paths Toward Computationally Amenable Cultural Heritage Collections

In this day-long Digital Humanities 2017<https://dh2017.adho.org/> pre-conference workshop, we aim to engage directly with research and pedagogical practice that draws upon digital collection use. This workshop will ultimately inform the development of recommendations that aim to support cultural heritage community efforts to make collections available as data.

Proposals

We seek proposals for talks, demonstrations (of projects, collections, tools, datasets, or other work), hands-on instruction, or walk-throughs that explore approaches and issues common to computational creation and/or use, and reuse, of digital collections.

Please submit your proposal (300 words) using the online form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdclk_cCq8bXc5R5iEYFqiksCQrjm1b-5WPOKReglWk6plhQg/viewform?usp=sf_link> by May 7, 2017. Notification of acceptances will be sent out on or before June 1, 2017. The pre-conference workshop will take place August 7, 2017. For further information, or to check if your proposal will be appropriate, contact [log in to unmask]

More details on the CFP: https://collectionsasdata.github.io/dh2017/

Hannah Scates Kettler
Digital Humanities Librarian | University of Iowa Libraries
125 Washinton St, Iowa City, IA 52242
319.384.3432