Hi all,

At Stanford, we have a dataset of copyright renewal records. Until last month (when we were forced to decommission the service due to an unpatched security vulnerability), it was presented online through a “simple” java application with a custom lucene backend. One option is to migrate it into a new Blacklight application (and, in fact, we’ve already done just that), but I’m wondering if there’s a viable 3rd party service that might work just as well, particularly for a more database-oriented discovery experience.

I’ve dumped the data into Google Fusion Tables [1], but I wonder if there are any alternate services out there that might be better? Ideally, such a service would have a rich search/filtering experience, allow us to attach a data dictionary for some of the columns, etc.

Thanks,
Chris Beer
Digital Library Systems and Services
Stanford University Libraries