We are pleased to announce the launch of the Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) Digital Heritage Collections - a major new resource in Irish archaeology. Online Open Access availability to the collections is the result of a collaboration between TII, the Discovery Programme, and the Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI).

The Collections include over 1500 archaeological excavation reports that document surveys undertaken prior to building Ireland’s national roads, as well as the more recent excavations in preparation for the extension of Dublin’s light urban rail system (LUAS). The collections also include audiobooks, papers from a seminar series, and 3D video reconstructions of some sites.

The collections are preserved for long-term persistent access in the DRI - Ireland’s trusted digital repository for social and cultural data. Data can also be accessed via several other portals, including Heritage Maps, and Ireland’s Open Data Portal.

To browse the collections on DRI, visit: https://repository.dri.ie/catalog/v6936m966
For more information on the project, see: http://dri.ie/tii-digital-heritage-collections-launch
Article in the Irish Times: https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/heritage/new-archaeology-archive-is-a-treasure-trove-of-heritage-data-1.3125430?mode=amp

Dr. Natalie Harrower | Director,
 Digital Repository of Ireland
Royal Irish Academy | 19 Dawson St. Dublin 2
[log in to unmask] | @natalieharrower | @dri_ireland | www.dri.ie

The Royal Irish Academy is subject to the Freedom of Information Acts 2014 and is compliant with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003. For further information see our website www.ria.ie