What are your plans for the 4th of July? I live just a couple miles from the National Mall now, which means that for the first time since I moved to the DC area, I can walk to the big fireworks show. Yes, walk! Do you hear angels singing, or is it just me?

Usually, see, when there’s a huge event like that in the city (or even a hockey game or convention…or particularly bad rush hour), you have to brace yourself for the inevitability of being jammed in a metro car shoulder-to-shoulder with hundreds of people. On one hand, it’s kind of nice to see everyone out in full force in their matching colors or pussy hats. There’s a friendly sense of community and in-it-together-ness. But on the other? You’re in a stranger’s armpit clinging to an overhead pole for dear life. Which is really not the most pleasant thing.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great holiday next week and manage to avoid the crowds/armpits. Here are the latest #DLFjobs:

Anyone affiliated with a member institution may post jobs for free. Or browse older listings at jobs.diglib.org

Take care,
Becca

Becca Quon

Program Associate – The Digital Library Federation

1707 L Street Ste 650, Washington, D.C. 20036

diglib.org | clir.org