Library Systems Manager
Dartmouth College
603.646.9394

On 7/21/17, 8:39 AM, "Code for Libraries on behalf of Elizabeth Leonard" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    I concur with Tim's assessment. If folks have limited funds for professional development, they are less likely to become a member of an association that requires them to join another organization as a prerequisite to membership.

    Elizabeth Leonard
    973-761-9445

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim McGeary
    Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:21 PM
    To: [log in to unmask]
    Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Fiscal Continuity IG report redux [silence has been deafening]

    I would strongly oppose any requirement that forces membership to ALA / LITA.  This is unnecessary and an expense that is a personal choice and often not reimbursed by libraries. I also think it would servely limit who is willing to host / lead conferences.

    Tim

    --
    Tim McGeary
    GTalk/Yahoo/Skype/Twitter: timmcgeary