Hi folks,

I'm looking for a tool to do automated unit-style testing on urls. I want to know about HTTP errors, but also be able to test for things like "does this page include particular text", "does this page fall within the expected length parameters" and things of that sort. I have a few dozen URLs that I want to be able to run tests periodically in our dev process for a project that's been having some unexpected affects on a variety of the library's online tools.

By preference, a web-based or PHP-based tool would be ideal, but I'm open to less familiar-to-me options as well. I could probably write something with cURL, but maybe somebody's already got an elegant solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ken