Forwarding on behalf of Shelley.

At UW-Madison we have had very productive conversations with Ex Libris development staff at other conferences to work through how our locally developed discovery interface works with their Alma publishing processes and APIs. They are engaged with the community and folks using Alma who may be considering discovery interfaces like Blacklight or VUFind should give this consideration.

-sm

Begin forwarded message:

From: Shelley Hostetler <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Community Meeting on Open Source Discovery Layers at the DLF Forum
Date: September 20, 2017 at 11:54:11 AM CDT
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Join us for A Community Meeting at the Digital Library Federation Forum

Wednesday, October 25th | 1:00 - 3:00 PM Eastern

Westin Convention Center | Room: Pennsylvania East

Please join us for a collaborative discussion during the upcoming DLF Forum on October 25th. This meeting is a continuation of our discussions with the community at both Digital Library Federation Forum 2016 and Code4Lib 2017, open for anyone interested in using open source discovery layers with Ex Libris products. University of Pennsylvania will discuss their experience implementing Blacklight over Alma with the Summon central index. Ex Libris will also share progress on enhancing Alma and Summon APIs to facilitate easier and more robust interactions with open source discovery solutions. We encourage you to come, learn and share both your thoughts and your questions regarding using open source discovery (such as Blacklight or VUFind) with Primo, Summon and Alma.

Please email [log in to unmask] with your full name and institution to register for the event.