Together, field-wide, libraries, archives, and museums are creating two new, open resources to amplify voices that have too often gone unheard in this country:
  • AN OPEN ACCESS DIRECTORY OF AFRICAN AMERICAN NEWSPAPERS AND PERIODICALS
  • AN OPEN ACCESS DIRECTORY OF LGBT NEWSPAPERS AND PERIODICALS
In the first three weeks of data collection, more than 300 US libraries, archives, and museums have contributed information about their holdings in African American Newspapers and LGBT Newspapers to help produce these open access directories.

A HUGE thanks to all who have participated in this effort to date!

We still need libraries, archives, and museums of ALL sizes and types to contribute simple metadata about your holdings.

The content you hold matters--whether it is a single page or full runs, and whether it is print, microfiche, or digital. It needs to be represented.

We know this is a big project. We also know the perfect is the enemy of the good. We’re not looking for perfection, just for participation.

Participation is easy and has two forms:
  1. For large collections (>30 titles) please use the attached codebook and spreadsheet for each of these two topical areas and send to [log in to unmask]
  2. For collections of roughly 30 titles or less, please use the two survey links below.
SURVEYS AND DATA COLLECTION CLOSE SEPTEMBER 30, 2017.

For more information about the project, please visit https://educopia.org/research/margins or contact Katherine Skinner ([log in to unmask]; 404 783 2534).

Katherine Skinner, PhD
Executive Director, Educopia Institute

Working from Greensboro, NC