> Generally speaking, if you have to wonder about the value of something,
you
already have the answer.... ;)

Kyle, I honestly am not sure which answer you are suggesting is the right
one in cases where you have to wonder!

By temperament, most of us library professionals are inclined to want to
err on the side of "preservation" -- shouldn't we preserve it _just in
case_, because once gone it will be too late if someone needs it later?

But by practice and feasibility, most actual preservation operations
usually have to err on the side of "not preservation".  We could not
possibly have the funds/resources to preserve everything that _just might
possibly_ be useful later, having a sustainable operation usually means
erring on the side of not preserving unless it's value is clear.

Jonathan