Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the deadline for concurrent session proposals is 11:59 p.m. tonight (December 15). However, we are extending the call for proposals for posters, lightning talks and preconference sessions until Monday, January 15. Registration is ongoing and will continue until the beginning of April. Links to register and to submit proposals are in the original announcement below.

Happy Holidays!

Josh

From: Josh Cromwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, November 6, 2017 at 9:50 AM
To: IR Managers Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Registration Open and Call for Proposals: 2018 Southern Miss Institutional Repository Conference

(Apologies for cross-posting)

The 2018 Southern Miss Institutional Repository Conference (SMIRC) will take place on the campus of the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg on April 26-27, 2018. Once again, registration is free for all attendees and includes a light breakfast and lunch on April 27. The registration form is available at http://www.lib.usm.edu/smirc/irregister.html.

This year we are also adding a pre-conference that will examine the Elsevier acquisition of Bepress and will discuss some of the broader ramifications of this acquisition for Open Access and institutional repositories. The pre-conference will take place the morning of April 26, and the main conference will begin that afternoon.

We are now accepting presentation proposals for SMIRC 2018. The complete call for proposals is below.

Call for Proposals:

The University of Southern Mississippi Libraries are now accepting proposals for the 2018 Southern Miss Institutional Repository Conference, which will be held on campus in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, on April 26-27, 2018.

We are accepting proposals for concurrent sessions (approx. 45 minutes), lightning talks (approx. 5 minutes), and posters. Posters will be presented on the evening of April 26, while the concurrent sessions and lightning talks will take place throughout the day on April 27.

We welcome proposals from all institutions that either have an IR, regardless of platform, or that are interested in pursuing an IR for their campus. Topics for proposals may include (but are not limited to):

-       Choosing an IR platform

-       Promoting an IR on campus

-       IR staffing models

-       Getting faculty participation in IR initiatives

-       IRs and student scholarship

-       Electronic theses and dissertations

-       Library-led publishing through the IR

-       Open educational resources

-       Data management

-       Open access

-       Author rights

-       Migrating from one IR platform to another

We also welcome proposals for the pre-conference. These may consist of library responses to the acquisition (e.g. reasons to stay or to migrate), or they may consist of groups or organizations that are developing new platforms that might serve as viable alternatives for those looking to migrate (whether from Digital Commons or from other existing platforms).

The deadline for submitting proposals is December 15, 2017. Acceptance emails will be sent no later than February 15, 2018. Registration is free for all attendees. Proposals may be submitted at http://www.lib.usm.edu/smirc/proposals.html.  Please contact [log in to unmask] for any questions about proposals or about SMIRC.

--

Josh C. Cromwell

Institutional Repository Coordinator

The Aquila Digital Community

The University of Southern Mississippi Libraries

118 College Drive #5053

Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001

Phone: 601.266.6200
http://aquila.usm.edu