You are invited to DLFxDHSI, a one-day unconference on the theme of digital libraries, digital humanities, and social justice, to be hosted by the Digital Library Federation<https://www.diglib.org/> in partnership with the Digital Humanities Summer Institute<http://dhsi.org/> (DHSI) in Victoria, BC.

The event will begin with a joint DHSI and DLF Institute Lecture, poster/digital demo session, and reception on Friday, 8 June 2018. Highly collaborative and interactive DLFx unconference sessions will run throughout the day on Saturday, June 9, followed by short DHSI workshops on Sunday, June 10.

Register Here<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dlfxdhsi-2018-registration-41147732977>

How can we engage in social justice work with our teaching, scholarship, and practice? How can we think critically about the interdisciplinary, intersectional methods that social justice work necessitates? How might we consider the ways that digital libraries and DH pedagogy can create both digital and physical spaces for students to follow theory with action?

Because DLFxDHSI is an unconference—a grassroots, conversation-based event without predetermined presentations—we’ll need your input on session topics. We will accept proposals<https://goo.gl/forms/3cXhOMrZPdct27OJ3> for engaging, dynamic 90-second lightning talks as well as posters for the reception on a first-come/first served basis (register now!<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dlfxdhsi-2018-registration-41147732977>), but otherwise we will build the program together<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fB2WxiHTt8XnQvU1xDzlYNnZsfTggqZsxf3cGT4jPmY/edit?usp=sharing> on Saturday, June 9.

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclcSB6G3R6LoEw_LOjq6cNBlfHu89Zrd90LoFzknkMJzEd1w/viewform>

Submit a Lightning Talk/Poster/Digital Demo Proposal!

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclcSB6G3R6LoEw_LOjq6cNBlfHu89Zrd90LoFzknkMJzEd1w/viewform>

The DLFxDHSI unconference will be hosted by DLF’s Digital Library Pedagogy Group<https://www.diglib.org/groups/digital-library-pedagogy/> (#DLFteach<https://twitter.com/hashtag/dlfteach>) and a newly formed DLF “Miracle Workers<https://www.diglib.org/introducing-miracle-workers-working-group/>” group for digital scholarship librarians and coordinators. (The "Miracle Workers" group will start with a conversation to settle on an appropriate name! <https://www.diglib.org/introducing-miracle-workers-working-group/> Join us<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/dlf-miracle-workers/join> to contribute.)

We look forward to welcoming you in Victoria!

Katherine

--

Katherine Kim

Assistant Director