This morning, to cleanse my mind of Superbowl news, I googled ‘obscure sports’. I’ve honestly never been so delighted with search results before. Did you know shin-kicking is a thing? Cheese-rolling? Extreme ironing? Oh man. So good.

There’s a certain absurdity and whimsy to the ‘obscure sports’ that are just lost when a bunch of huge dudes scramble around a field in tights, trying to smack a small object from each other’s hands. Or okay—not lost, obviously—but definitely not acknowledged enough. Anyways, here are the positions submitted to our Jobs Board last week:

View past listings on the Jobs Board or by tracking #DLFjobs. If you have a position description to share with the community, submitting is quick and free for DLF member affiliates.

P.S. There’s a sport out there called ‘wife-carrying’, where “the prize depends on the wife’s weight in beer” (x). Someone needs to go give the Finns a talking-to.

Have a good week,

Becca

Becca Quon

Program Associate for Advancement and Awards
The Digital Library Federation

1707 L Street Ste 650, Washington, D.C. 20036

diglib.org | clir.org