The DLF Government Records Transparency/Accountability Interest Group is
hosting Amy West (govtrack.us) this Friday afternoon for a presentation
entitled "The GOP and the 2020 Census: Why count the population you have
when you can make the population you want?"

Amy’s presentation will be the first half of our March meeting. All are
welcome to join the meeting. Following her presentation, we will have
updates from a few projects and we will discuss other upcoming events and
projects. Amy also spoke with us last May—you can listen to audio of her
talk <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwxlkWAQgeNTMC1BNWtSWFpNN0k>
"Census 2020 Data Accuracy" and view her presentation slides
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VJ6qFqDxO0UwJA6KyikA3K6YgB7WkiEDBy0pfgQaoHw/edit#slide=id.p>
.

MEETING DETAILS

*Friday, March 30, 1pm EST*

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5721462056

Phone: US: +1 646 876 9923; +1 669 900 6833; +1 408 740 3766 Meeting ID:
572 146 2056 International numbers available
<https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=TMVCriQmog6PjKz_2mH3ysHdjMUxtb3Q>

If you’re interested in learning more about the Records
Transparency/Accountability group, you can read our wiki
<https://wiki.diglib.org/Transparency-Accountability>and join our listserv
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21forum/dlf-records-transparency>.

More on Amy’s talk:

The Trump Administration will preside over the least accurate Census in
decades in which the overcount of the white non-Hispanic population and the
undercounts of everyone else will both increase. This will directly affect
reapportionment of Representatives to Congress and redistricting within
states until at least the 2030 Census. The most likely outcomes will be
that the GOP continues to maintain majorities of elected positions at state
and national levels despite receiving smaller shares of votes.