Dear friends,

DLF has several announcements to make!

Calls for Proposals

Have you been thinking carefully over your proposals for this year’s DLF Forum and affiliated events since we announced our Call for Proposals in March, but not yet had a chance to submit a proposal? This is the week - time is nearly out! All CFPs close on May 7 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.

Submit today for your chance to participate in our events this fall in Las Vegas:

  *   our brand-new Learn@DLF<https://forum2018.diglib.org/learnatdlf/> pre-conference (#learnatdlf, October 14), which is structured entirely as a workshop day;
  *   the DLF Forum<https://forum2018.diglib.org/call-for-proposals/> (#DLFforum, October 15-17);
  *   NDSA’s Digital Preservation 2018<http://ndsa.org/meetings/> (#digipres18, October 17-18).

Submit for one conference or all three (though, different proposals for each, please)! Session options range from 60-second Minute Madness sessions at DigiPres to daylong workshops at Learn@DLF, with many options in between.

DLF Community/Capacity Award Nominations

DLF Community/Capacity Award<https://www.diglib.org/opportunities/community-capacity-award/> nominations are being accepted until tomorrow, May 1! Please take a moment to recognize anyone whose work is in keeping with the community spirit, generosity, openness, and care that are honored by the award. The community-chosen winner of the 2018 award will receive support to attend the Forum and accept the honor in person. Nominate here.<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLbIIuQOG7LJ2qxj-2uIKaY7OndLueZssQi7O0SJZ1fwG6rQ/viewform>

Announcing DLF Forum and Digital Preservation 2018 Keynote Speakers

Anasuya Sengupata<http://sanmathi.org/anasuya/>, co-director and co-founder of Whose Knowledge?,<https://whoseknowledge.org/> will open the 2018 DLF Forum with a talk titled, “Decolonizing Knowledge, Decolonizing the Internet: An Agenda for Collective Action.”

Snowden Becker<https://snowdenbecker.com/>, lecturer and manager of the graduate degree program in audiovisual archiving and preservation in UCLA’s Department of Information Studies, will open Digital Preservation 2018<http://ndsa.org/meetings/> with a talk titled, “To See Ourselves as Others See Us: On Archives, Visibility, and Value.”

Thanks to our sponsors!

Thanks to DPN, Code Ocean, Quartex by Adam Matthew Digital, and AVP for sponsoring<https://forum2018.diglib.org/sponsors/> the DLF Forum and Digital Preservation 2018! Interested in sponsoring our events? Please get in touch<https://forum2018.diglib.org/sponsorship-opportunities/>.

Thank you so much for reading! If you have any questions, please write us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. We’re looking forward to seeing you in Las Vegas!

-Team DLF

P.S. Want to stay updated on all things #DLFforum? Subscribe to our Forum newsletter<https://diglib.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=eaecb8b1da252a4794c594ff1&id=556a33972b>, “like” us on Facebook, or follow us at @CLIRDLF on Twitter!

Aliya Reich
Program Assistant for Conferences and Events
The Digital Library Federation
1707 L Street NW, Suite 650, Washington, DC 20036
443-671-4212
diglib.org<http://diglib.org/> | clir.org<http://clir.org/>