Dear Friends,

The Community/Capacity Awards are a debt of gratitude from the DLF membership, selected annually by vote. We are pleased to announce the nominees for the 2016 DLF Comm/Cap Awards!

Please join me in celebrating Amanda Meeks; the Digital Library of the Caribbean; Digital POWRR; Documenting the Now; Dr. Melissa Nobles and Professor Margaret Burnham; Educopia Institute; Georgia HomePLACE; Katherine Boss; Kristi Park; Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO) / Studio599; Santa Barbara Statement on Collections as Data; South Asian American Digital Archive; We Here. Learn more about each of the nominees here: https://www.diglib.org/2018-dlf-comm-cap-awards-meet-the-nominees/

These are not awards for pure innovation, individualism, or disruption. Instead, they honor constructive, community-minded capacity-building in digital libraries and allied fields: efforts that contribute to our ability to collaborate across institutional lines and/or work toward something larger, together. The Comm/Caps are about community spirit, generosity, openness, and care for fellow digital library, archives, and museum practitioners and for the various publics and missions we serve.

The 2018 DLF Comm/Cap Award will go to an inspiring project, team, or person selected by the Digital Library Federation membership at large: one  org, one voteVoting instructions have been sent to DLF's primary contact at each member organization; you decide locally how to make your pick! (If you’re unsure who your local contact is, I can help you out.)

The winner (person or group) will receive a $1000 prize, one free Forum registration, and assistance toward travel expenses to make it possible for a representative to attend the 2018 DLF Forum to accept the award certificate in person.

Congratulations and thank you to all nominees!

P.S. Share the news via Twitter.

Becca Quon

Program Associate for Advancement & Awards

Digital Library Federation (DLF)

diglib.org | clir.org | @CLIRDLF