Dear all,

At the link below, you'll find “Common Mission, Common Ground, ” a brief report on DLF’s collaboration with the HBCU Library Alliance to organize an IMLS-funded unconference and and fellowship opportunity at the 2017 DLF Forum:

https://diglib.org/hbcu-library-alliance

Alliance director Sandra Phoenix and DLF director Bethany Nowviskie provide more context in a letter on the second page. This work was made possible in part by generous support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (grant #RE-87-17-0079-17).

The HBCU Library Alliance represents 75 historically black colleges and universities throughout the United States. As always, DLF seeks to advance research, learning, social justice, and the public good through the creative design and wise application of digital library technologies.

We were honored to work with the HBCU Library Alliance on this project and we’re sharing the report to invite your feedback and engagement as our partnership grows.

Speaking of which; stay tuned for an upcoming announcement about new HBCU (and other) fellowship opportunities at the 2018 DLF Forum! I can’t wait to share them with you.

Thanks,
Becca