Greetings,

Are you a library resident or residency program coordinator, either current or past? Along with 3 coresearchers, I am conducting the second part of our study "Improving Library Residencies," and we are seeking contributions of autoethnographies based on personal experience in residences, and/or program documents. (The first part was a survey; thank you to all who participated!) We are defining "residency" much as ARL SPEC Kit 188 defines it: a limited-term post-degree position designed as an entry-level work experience for recent graduates of MLIS programs.

Interest form to participate is at https://goo.gl/forms/rOAiiX1MZ3ZPDlB92. Full details are below. We would like to collect all drafts and documents by August 1.  Thank you for considering!

---

Current and past library residents and residency coordinators are invited to contribute autoethnographies based on personal experience in residencies, and/or program documents in the mixed-methods study entitled “Improving Library Residencies: A Mixed-Methods Study.” To all who responded to our call for survey participants, my coinvestigators and I are deeply grateful!

The purpose of the study is to learn more about how libraries can develop and execute successful residencies for new librarians to learn job-related skills. Your stories and/or program documents will help us explore best practices for residencies, and may be published in our forthcoming book in Rowman & Littlefield’s Practical Guides for Librarians series.

This study has been reviewed by the Institutional Review Boards (IRB) at the University of Utah, Coastal Carolina University, and Stony Brook University. If you have any questions about your rights as a research participant in this study, you may contact the University of Utah IRB by phone at (801) 581-3655 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask]. You may also contact Ms. Judy Matuk of Stony Brook University’s Committee on Research Involving Human Subjects at (631) 632-9036 or [log in to unmask].

If you would be interested in contributing an autoethnography and/or program documents, please fill out an interest form at the following URL: https://goo.gl/forms/rOAiiX1MZ3ZPDlB92. The authors will then contact you for further details and request your signature on a consent and release form.

Thank you for your consideration,

Anastasia Chiu

Stony Brook University Libraries

Cataloging & Metadata Librarian

Library Liaison to Psychology and Asian American Studies

631-632-1713