Apologies for multiple postings.

In December 2017 the PREMIS OWL Ontology Revision Working Group announced the availability of a draft revision of the PREMIS OWL ontology to be used with the PREMIS Data Dictionary version 3.0. [1]. The review period was later extended until May 4, 2018. Since then, the group has been working through the comments and issues on Github. We have made the decisions and are in the process of finalizing the ontology and the accompanying documentation that you can find on the review site [2] . The group is planning to release the final version in September (also given that it’s summer holiday time). Issues that have been resolved can been seen on the Github site [3]. Thanks to everyone who contributed and we’ll send out announcements when the ontology is finalized. We expect most of the preservation controlled vocabularies [4] to be updated around the same time, although there are a few that have substantive changes and may be a bit delayed.

[1] http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/ontology/ontology3-announcement.html
[2] http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/ontology/owl-version3.html
[3] https://github.com/PREMIS-OWL-Revision-Team/revise-premis-owl/blob/master/premis3.owl
[4] http://id.loc.gov/preservationdescriptions/

The PREMIS OWL Ontology Revision Working Group