I wonder how much of my life has been spent stuck in various kinds of traffic here in DC. It’s a depressing amount of time, whatever it is. There’s roundabout traffic. And the backup when someone stands on the left side of an escalator. Motorcade shutdowns, and bottlenecks when tour groups or beer crawlers take up entire street corners.

Lately, a few scooter companies have been experimenting here. As a pedestrian, it’s pretty terrifying to have them zoom past you on the sidewalk. But also as a pedestrian? I. would. love. to strap on a helmet, secure my commuter bag on my shoulder, and sail into the sunset/roll past all the hang-ups. I live too far away for it to work in reality, but I can always daydream about it. (And boy, do I have time.)

If you’re stuck somewhere too, take a look at the jobs that have come across our Board in the last week:

View past listings on our site or by tracking #DLFjobs. If you have a position description to share with the community, you’re in luck! You can submit it quickly on our site—for free, if you’re a  DLF member affiliate.

Roll on!

Becca

Becca Quon

Program Associate for Advancement & Awards

Digital Library Federation (DLF)

diglib.org | clir.org | @CLIRDLF |she/her/hers