Hi folks,

The Social Activities Committee for Code4Lib 2019 [1] is now recruiting!
This committee focuses on the social aspects of the conference, including
coordinating with the Local Planning Committee, other planning committees,
and external organizations with planning after hours events, ensuring that
there is a variety of different events to cater to different interests:
alcoholic/non-alcoholic, carnivore/vegan, mainstream/niche, and everything
in between. Last but not least, the committee organizes the  Newcomer's
Dinner, which is an attendee favorite throughout the near last decade of
the conference. [2]

Time commitments (rough estimate if we're fully staffed) - a one hour
meeting once a month starting in October, and starting in late November and
December a couple hours a week depending on assignments and events.

Sign up on the wiki if you're interested [1], or email me if you have any
questions. If you do not have a wiki account, please email Ryan Wick at
[log in to unmask] to receive one, or let me know if you want me to add
your name.

Thanks,
Becky

PS - Want to volunteer for Code4Lib 2019 but not feeling like organizing
social events? There are many other opportunities to get involved. There
are many spots left on several key committees, so go ahead and sign up for
a spot! [3] Unsure what all is involved with a particular committee? How To
Plan A Code4LibCon has some high level information [4], and there is some
documentation from 2018's conference. [5] If you still have any other
questions, feel free to contact the Local Planning Committee. [6]

[1]
https://wiki.code4lib.org/Code4Lib_2019_Conference_Committees#Social_Activities_Committee
[2] It's been a decade already?!
[3]