I'm with you on the old kiosk-friendly Opera. Time was that we had an
Opera-based kiosk that just worked. It needed to be restarted twice a year,
when the time changed, because Opera's javascript clock had a weird bug
where it didn't adjust for DST. Other than that it took basically zero
maintenance. We still haven't found a completely stable kiosk-friendly
replacement.