Thought this announcement would be of interest to many on this list (especially those of you who are in the Boston area!).

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: adam schutzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 11:13 AM
Subject: [AMIA-L] New A/V Preservation Initiative
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Hey all!

Inspired by the amazing work of the XFR Collective, Rebecca Fraimow and I recently started a new archival initiative called XFR Boston, which is working to preserve and uplift underrepresented, marginalized and community-based histories that are found on obsolete and endangered audiovisual formats. Our first event is a Queer History Video Digitization Pop-up happening later this month at a local community archive called The History Project: Documenting LGBTQ Boston. If you happen to know anyone with old videos that somehow document the queer history of Boston, please send them our way and help us spread the word about this new project! Thanks all!

Best,

Adam Schutzman
Co-Chair, Moving Image and Recorded Sound Roundtable, New England Archivists
Master of Library and Information Science
Archives Management Concentration, Simmons College

--
Rachel Mattson
rachelmattson.wordpress.com