Dear Eric and Code4Libbers:

I completely agree! Too much javascript, and used with critical information
that HTML can easily do for a fraction of the (resource) cost. When I get a
chance to really "own" the website I work on (right now it's been a series
of UI bandaids on siloed content), I'm going to look at the 10k website
challenge (https://a-k-apart.com) for inspiration. (I'd be happy if we
could stay under 100k...)

Honestly, I find this challenge intriguing because if done right it
addresses several inclusive design concerns including performance and
accessibility. While I don't agree with every reason in this ID24
presentation, I found Elegant Accessibility (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlMfynLKGXA&index=15&list=PLn7dsvRdQEfEnBxpVztmJ8KCKNJ_P-hR6)
to be inspirational.

In peace,

Amy M. Drayer, MLIS