From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Amy Drayer
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Default, preferred, or supported "enterprise" browser?

Dear Eric and Code4Libbers:

I completely agree! Too much javascript, and used with critical information that HTML can easily do for a fraction of the (resource) cost. When I get a chance to really "own" the website I work on (right now it's been a series of UI bandaids on siloed content), I'm going to look at the 10k website challenge (https://a-k-apart.com) for inspiration. (I'd be happy if we could stay under 100k...)

Honestly, I find this challenge intriguing because if done right it addresses several inclusive design concerns including performance and accessibility. While I don't agree with every reason in this ID24 presentation, I found Elegant Accessibility (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlMfynLKGXA&index=15&list=PLn7dsvRdQEfEnBxpVztmJ8KCKNJ_P-hR6)
to be inspirational.

In peace,

Amy M. Drayer, MLIS