Apologize for the cross-posting.

Sacramento State is hiring a tenure-track Scholarly Communication Librarian.

As the center of campus intellectual discovery, the Sacramento State University Library promotes teaching, learning, research, and scholarly communication at the University by integrating the Library with campus student success programs and instruction. One of twenty-three libraries in the California State University System, the Sacramento State Library holds over 1.4 million volumes, comprised of print and electronic monographs and serials, and is a Federal Document Depository. The Library’s mission is to inspire excellence in teaching, learning, and scholarly activities.

The University Library is undergoing rapid transformation with a forward-thinking vision and a deep commitment to improving the campus learning environment. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds to join our growing organization of 28 Library faculty, 33 staff and approximately 40 FTE student assistants. We take pride in the collaborative nature in which our students, staff, and faculty work together in a professional and supportive environment to ensure one another’s success.

We seek an energetic, innovative, and collaborative librarian to spearhead the effort to create a program in support of scholarly publication innovation and act as a campus resource on copyright, fair use, and open access. Under the general direction of the Head of Collection Management Services, the Scholarly Communication Librarian will lead efforts to design systematic and sustainable approaches to outreach and new services that support dissemination of scholarly output. This position will offer guidance on library services and university policy to the Library and to faculty, students, and staff on matters pertaining to scholarly communication, such as institutional repository best practices, academic publishing guidance, copyright and fair use, and open access support.

Full and application instructions can be found here:

https://csus.peopleadmin.com/postings/3800

If you have more questions about the position, contact:

David Gibbs, the Head of Collection Management Services
916-278-5451.

---
Bin Zhang
Digital Information Services Librarian
Library Systems & IT Services, University Library
California State University, Sacramento
+1 (916) 278-5664 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>