Hello! Stopping by with a couple of reminders about opportunities with deadlines approaching:

DLF Forum Planning Committee — Sign up by Friday, January 11

Volunteers contribute immensely to all aspects of the DLF Forum, and our call for the 2019 Planning Committee is closing soon. We’re still seeking participants across all subcommittees, but two in particular that still need members:

The Scholarship Subcommittee, which reads through fellowship applications and comes together to discuss which individuals will receive travel and registration support. We receive 100+ applications from inspiring community members each year, so every person who pitches in is a huge help.

And the Community Subcommittee, which plans/leads social and wellness events during the conference. Whether you’re excited about yoga and meditation, or your favorite coffee shops in Tampa, or dance parties (which were proposed last year—what happened, I ask you?) we’d love to have you in this group.

A diverse range of perspectives is going to be super important for both committees—and especially where fellowship funding is concerned—so please especially consider participating if you’re a member of a group (or groups) underrepresented among digital library practitioners. Thanks for helping us continue to make DLF as inclusive and welcoming as we can.

Sign up here.

Leading Change Institute – Apply by Friday, January 18

The Leading Change Institute, a joint program of the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) and EDUCAUSE, is designed for leaders in higher education, including CIOs, librarians, information technology professionals, and administrators, who are interested in working collaboratively to promote and initiate change on critical issues affecting the academy.

Participants learn from and discuss current events with a wide variety of influential individuals from academia, associations and societies, grantmaking agencies, industry, and government. View the list of 2019 speakers to learn more.

DLF will support two full Tuition Grants for the 2019 Institute; one that’s open to anyone, and one which will support an individual from an HBCU.

Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, statement of purpose, CV, and letter of support to apply.

Thanks!

Becca

Becca Quon

Program Associate for Advancement & Awards

Digital Library Federation (DLF)

diglib.org | clir.org | @CLIRDLF |she/her/hers