A librarian wants to give a faculty member a copy of a video file for one-time use (either delivered directly as a digital file, or burned onto a DVD) that they can be sure will be destroyed after that one use. I don't think that's truly possible, but wondered if other libraries are using particular DRM solutions to at least make it more difficult/unlikely for patrons to create and retain copies. Everything I've been able to find via Google is either an elaborate/expensive "enterprise solution," or seems vaguely shady. (It doesn't help that no matter how I word the search, Google wants to tell me how to *break* DRM much more than how to add it.)

For the long term, a streaming media vendor where media can be password-protected might be a solution, so I'm also interested in info on those. The searches I've done so far seem to lead back to Panopto and Vimeo; is anyone using anything else?

thanks in advance for any information,
-carrie preston