Dear Colleagues,

The Association of Research Libraries <https://www.arl.org/index.php> and
the Software Preservation Network
<https://www.softwarepreservationnetwork.org/> thank you ALL for the
overwhelmingly positive response we received regarding the *Fair Use Code &
Other Legal Tools for Software Preservation Webinar Series*!

REGISTRATION IS FULL!

If you were not able to register, thank you SO MUCH for your interest and
DON'T WORRY - *ALL EPISODES WILL BE RECORDED AND POSTED THE SPN WEBSITE -
FREE AND AVAILABLE FOR ALL!*

Starting on Feb 25 (Fair Use Week!) and running for 7 weeks, each webinar
lasts 55 minutes and uses the Zoom web conferencing platform.

While each episode varies, the general structure is as follows:

(10min) Introductions and where we are in the series

(15min) The practice-based problem to solve/scenario to address

(15min) Legal Discussion

   -

   What legal principle applies
   -

   How the community can use that principle in daily practice

(15min) Q&A

Series Overview
EPISODE 1: The Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Software
Preservation: Why and How

February 25, 2019 @ 11amPT/1pmCT/2pmET

EPISODE 2: Beginning the Preservation Workflow

March 4, 2019 @ 11amPT/1pmCT/2pmET

EPISODE 3: Making Software Available Within Institutions and Networks

March 11, 2019 @ 11amPT/1pmCT/2pmET

EPISODE 4: Working with Source Code and Software Licenses
March 18, 2019 @ 11amPT/1pmCT/2pmET

EPISODE 5: Understanding the Anti-circumvention Rules and the Preservation
Exemptions
March 25, 2019 @ 11amPT/1pmCT/2pmET

EPISODE 6: Making the Code Part of Software Preservation Culture

Monday, April 1, 2019 @ 11amPT/1pmCT/2pmET

EPISODE 7: International Implications
April 8, 2019 @ 11amPT/1pmCT/2pmET

We look forward to these discussions!