[cid:[log in to unmask]]Mark your calendar and join us!

#DLFds Twitter chat
Tuesday, 26 February, 3:30-4:30 EST

Hosted by @AlexWermerColan

Our discussion will explore issues around labor-especially contingent labor-in the support, maintenance, and growth of digital scholarship in academic libraries:

  *   What are some of the forms of digital scholarship labor in your library, DS/DH center, and/or at your institution? How have you seen digital scholarship labor in libraries change over the last five-ten years?
  *   How many people do you know working on digital scholarship who do not have permanent employment? How long are typical appointments? What percentage are "student workers"?
  *   What routes do you see into permanent positions in digital scholarship environments'?
  *   Who are the primary beneficiaries of our labor and how is that represented in your community of practice? In other words, who benefits most from digital contexts of contingent labor?
  *   What would standards for DS labor positions need to include? Full benefits? Inclusion in unions? Opportunities for development (skill and professional)?
  *   How do we ensure accreditation for contingent labor who work on digital projects? How to address the collaborative nature of digital scholarship without resorting to traditional hierarchical models?

We look forward to learning about your institutions and discussing ideas for advocacy.