It's the last week for regular registration to attend Empirical Librarians 2019 in Richmond, VA. If you haven't seen the program yet, take a look<https://www.lib.utk.edu/emplibs/2019-program/>! The EmpLibs conference is uniquely focused on practical presentations on working with research, whether it's your patrons' research or your own.
You can see the schedule of sessions at https://www.lib.utk.edu/emplibs/2019-program/ and see the abstracts for more details<https://www.lib.utk.edu/emplibs/2019-program/#Program>. Even if you can only come for one day, our $45 registration fee is worth it for the amazing sessions we have lined up.
We have great sessions on supporting researchers (our Track 1), including science communication, data, and scholcomm topics as well as collaboration and graduate student support topics.
We also have a striking array of presentations on being researchers in the library (our Track 2), including assessment and methodology topics covering all sorts of quantitative, qualitative, and humanistic techniques.
This is a conference where librarians who do research can get ideas from colleagues who are in the weeds of helping researchers, and where librarians who support researchers can get ideas from people in the weeds of doing research. We will have a virtual keynote from Kris Brancolini & Marie Kennedy (the wonderful PIs of the Institute for Research Design in Librarianship), and breaks for networking too. Come join our conversation!

Christopher Eaker
Assistant Professor & Data Curation Librarian
ORCID: 0000-0001-5881-1680<http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5881-1680>
University of Tennessee Libraries
236 John C. Hodges Library
1015 Volunteer Boulevard