We are pleased to host the Personal Digital Archiving 2019 conference at the University of Pittsburgh. PDA will take place Thursday May 2 and Friday May 3, with hands-on workshops on Saturday May 4. In an effort to keep PDA open and inclusive, Saturday’s workshops are free and open to the public.

We are honored to feature Alexandra Dolan-Mescal (http://alexdolanmescal.com/) and Linda Norris (http://www.lindabnorris.com/) as keynote speakers. For more on their work and the full PDA program, see our website: https://library.pitt.edu/PDA19/Schedule.

Register by March 31st to receive early bird discounts ($60 for students; $90 for non-students).

https://library.pitt.edu/pda19

Personal Digital Archiving is an annual conference dedicated to the exploration of issues related to individual and community records in all digital forms. It is interdisciplinary and inclusive in nature, welcoming discussion between information professionals, academics, artists, and all individuals and community groups engaged in this area. We encourage an expansive, creative, and inclusive interpretation of “personal digital archives” at this conference.

All are welcome to Personal Digital Archiving. In addition to Thursday and Friday’s presentations, we will be coordinating events on Saturday that will be open to the public, including those who have not registered for the conference. Those interested in attending may include, but are not limited to:

  *   Community organizations focused on gathering oral histories or other local collections
  *   Scholars, researchers and graduate students of all levels in all related disciplines
  *   Those preserving familial material, activist groups, hobbyists, and tool developers
  *   Information professionals such as archivists, librarians, and curators

And of course, please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions!

Chelsea Gunn
PDA 2019 Planning Committee