On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 6:55 AM Kevin Hawkins <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Publishers are increasingly storing such data in article
> metadata as well, so in the long run, I expect this kind of searching on
> publications will become easier.

My confidence in this is tempered. Humans continually find less time to
assign quality metadata. Machine generated metadata (e.g. pattern matching
for grant numbers which can then be normalized) is still ultimately full
text search.

A huge percentage of the functionality people ask us for requires extensive
high quality metadata. However, the overwhelming majority of what I see is
the exact opposite with an unfavorable outlook for the future.

kyle