Stuart A. Yeates wrote:

> I would also add somewhere links to the definitions / standards for
> each of these files types. Not everyone who encounters MARC can be
> expected to know all the other acronyms-as-file-formats.

My collection of data formats may help here. It's currently only
documented in German with should be useful enough to look up links. For
Instance at

http://format.gbv.de/marc

I list not less then seven serialization forms of MARC, binary MARC
(=ISO MARC) and MARCXML just one two them.

Cheers
Jakob

--
Jakob Voß <[log in to unmask]>
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany